Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm gonna call them to see if the sell spacers because that's the only way it would work otherwise the brackets would be tipped not parallel to the frame

·
6,632 Posts
Hi John,

Classic British Spares Logo
Cart

Free Shipping In The USA - Orders Placed Before 12PM (PST) Ship Same DayClose
83-1533 Triumph Coil Bracket
83-1533 Triumph Coil Bracket

Triumph 500 650 Coil Bracket 83-1533
TRIUMPH COIL MOUNTING BRACKET (1) 83-1533 - 1970-74 - T100R / T120 / TR6
  • Regular price$ 15.95
  • 6 AVAILABLE
Default Title - $ 15.95 USD
QUANTITY
−+
ADD TO CART
New Triumph Twins Coil Mounting Bracket.
Fits Triumph 650 unit twins (Bonneville, T120R, Tiger, TR6R, Trophy, & TR6C) for the year of 1970 only. Also fits the Triumph 500 unit twins (Daytona, T100R, Trophy, & T100C) from 1970-1974 only.
Uh-uh, the guy who's CBS has made a mistake:-

. It's exactly the same bracket as you've got already - the middle image in your post #3.

. He's gone for the illustration and listing in the 1970 US-market 650 parts book, which @KADUTZ has already posted is wrong. The only thing the CBS listing is correct about is it'll fit '70-'74 T100's.

. The (handed) brackets you want are illustrated/listed in the '70 650 'UK & General Export' parts book - https://partsbooks.britishonly.com/partsbooks/20-10191C.pdf - or pre-'70 650 parts books.

still a bit confused
... about? :)

Why did the USA editions have errors?
Errors weren't restricted to USA editions, pretty-much all books had some errors; guys who were dealers back in the day have posted that new parts books turned up with typed correction sheets and more correction sheets were issued from time-to-time throughout the year; regrettably, few of the corrections sheets have survived. :(

Errors could be for several reasons:-

. The people compiling the books made mistakes - e.g. as in the 650 coils' brackets problem, using another range's part illustration and listing ....

. The typesetters made mistakes.

. Parts book masters had to go for typesetting and printing weeks before a new 'model year', in order that the books could be published as soon as possible after the 'model year' began. However, pre-production changes continued to be made even after parts book masters had been sent to the printers ...

Hth.

Regards,

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I think CBS was shittim in his diapers an a sucking his momma teat when I was a workin a Triumph parts counter.

I only did the previous response as a favor to Stuart.

K

·
6,632 Posts
Hi K,

I only did the previous response as a favor to Stuart.
(y) Thank you. :)

I think CBS was shittim in his diapers an a sucking his momma teat when I was a workin a Triumph parts counter.
At least he's someone young with enough enthusiasm for these old heaps to put in the money and time to build a business that could be around when we're all pushing up daisies or dribbling too much to care ... :) Even if he can be rather too blind to Wassell parts' faults ... :cool:

Regards,

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Stuart

Enthusiasm without knowledge leads to bad information such as in this thread And if you go to most other Websites they have the same bad information. Nobody knows what they are selling .

I have been told this guy is a decent chap. But from some posts done here And at BB at times the lack of knowledge has shown.
As far as the dasies a lot closer to that than the beginning.

K

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've been s carpenter for the past 43 years , I'm still doing 40 hours a week not bad for a 59 year old. Motorcycles are a hobby for me ... I'm on my 3rd complete tear down including sludge tube , 66 T-Bird 6TA , 67 TR6C, and this 1970 TR6R is almost done it's taken me 2-1/2 years because I simply haven't had the time .. I also have a late 60's triumph chopper oil in frame . It seems I have an addiction to vintage triumphs , I've been buying bits and pieces of pre unit stuff after I retire I'd like to try restoring one ,, I gotta tell you that its been great to be able to come to this place to get help I appreciate Everyone's input , Whoever it is offered up for so thanx for doing Stuart a favor .
John

21 - 30 of 30 Posts