Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing gas leakage through where the primer pin is located. I have taken the float bowl off and the gasket looks fine but as soon as I re-assemble and turn the pet cocks on the gas comes flowing out of the shaft that the pin goes down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looked good when I checked the gasket. Local shop did carb work so I am assuming it is together correctly but will check the float assembly tomorrow. Thanks for the replay David.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
sounds like the float needles arent seating properly...you can check the float height too ...heres some info about carbs....
http://www.jba.bc.ca/Bushmans Carb Tuning.html

you could try viton tipped brass float needles ....common upgrade item

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is often caused by a leaky float. Shake the float to see if any fuel has gotten inside. As well, check to see if the tickler plunger is retracting all the way and not pressing down on the float.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Quick and easy check: Pull the float bowl, lift up on the float and turn on the petcock. If you get a wet hand, the needle aint seating, replace it. If hand stays dry, turn off the gas, remove the float and put it in the gas-filled bowl. If it floats, adjust the float height/tickler. If your float don't float.......
You should have the answer to this persistent question in under 5 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts