Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell what these forks are? As you can see the front wheel is not from a 1969 Bonnie (I have one in a box to replace this one). Also, you will see there are no fork ears to hold the headlight and thus it is placed low on a bracket. One of them is leaking oil like crazy. As I am in the military and moving next month, I need to stop the oil leak to have it moved. I will begin a frame off at my next assignment and replace the forks then. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
It looks like it's probably the correct front end with chromed triple trees and lowers, and also with aftermarket fork tube covers and 'bates style' headlight ... not to mention the relocated zener. Hard to know for certain what it is as the shuttle valve type front end and the one that directly preceded it look virtually identical outwardly. I'm pretty sure that the seals are the same, though ... You should be able to use the 'correct' parts in it ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts