Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Hi Happyfeet, Wow!! Nice job! Congratulations.

Late '69 paint job is one of my favorites. '69 was a really good year. Separate primary oil, yet the nice upper alternator wire harness. Later trans cover with filler plug with easy access to clutch cable end.

You even have the correct grab handle on seat. Sweet bike!
Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have several things to sort yet but and more pictures to add to my Restore/Rebuild Thread but I couldn't resist putting on the tank and seat today for a look....
Before...
View attachment 747530 View attachment 747531
After...
View attachment 747532
I have several things to sort yet but and more pictures to add to my Restore/Rebuild Thread but I couldn't resist putting on the tank and seat today for a look....
Before...
View attachment 747530 View attachment 747531
After...
View attachment 747532
Looks so classic! Nice!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Holy cow that's a gorgeous bike! Damn fine job HappyFeet! 😉

Reactions: Happyfeet

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Hi Happyfeet,
You should change your name to Happywheels.

What a great decision you made to keep the original paint, the restoration work looks beautiful, with just the right amount of patina to give credibility. I love what you have done with this bike.

regards
Peg.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well done. Another one back on the road. Lovely, sympathetic job. Now go ride it. But you are only part done. It'll drip oil, it'll cough occasionally, the steering head bearings will need several tweaks, the head will need re-torqueing and the tappets will chatter in your ear until everything beds in. That'll keep you busy for a couple of years yet! And there'd always that mysterious noise that appears from time to time to worry you.

But that's all part of the fun. Always, always something needs doing.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Happyfeet,
You should change your name to Happywheels.

What a great decision you made to keep the original paint, the restoration work looks beautiful, with just the right amount of patina to give credibility. I love what you have done with this bike.

regards
Peg.
Thanks, RPW! I have been debating as to whether or not to put the knee pads back on the tank. I have never been a big fan of them. I kind of like the "shadow" effect that the unfaded paint gives of their former presence...

·
Registered
716 Posts
I kind of like the "shadow" effect that the unfaded paint gives of their former presence...
A fantastic achievement, well done Happyfeet! Good decision about the knee pads, just keep riding and the paint under the pads will gradually fade as well, should take about 50 years😀

1 - 18 of 18 Posts