Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd be grateful for some advice on what switchgear and lamps I should have on my T100c. I suspect that what's there isn't standard and the parts book is ambiguous.

At the moment the only electrical function I have is ignition on and headlight / rear light. The headlight switch is a 3 position and at the moment its on in the middle and off either side. The red light to the left of this switch illuminates when the ignition is on.

Headlamp:

I've then got a multifunction switch on the left -

If I read the parts book correctly I think my headlamp should have 3 holes in it but I can see 4 possible occupants: red light, green light, light switch and dip switch?

and what should be on the handlebars? horn on the left and kill switch on the right?

At the very least it looks like I need 2 switches and a new headlamp shell...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look under the headlamp shell.

is there a number like MCH66 on it?
Hi Dave It is indeed stamped Lucas and MCH66 which is correct for a T100c according to the parts book for that year. However, the parts book illustration seems to show a dip switch (31620)in the hole where mine has the red light?

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
Those headlights are quite rare, check ebay prices!

i have one for my trials cub project.

The original dipswitch was a daft idea. The assembly is a top hat type thing that rotates every time that you press it. Unless it falls apart, on a dark night, on a bend.

Every press was supposed to alternate between dip and main, while your hand was off the bars.

Unless you don't like life in this world, I'd fit a bar mounted dip/main (paul goff has a few) and maybe fill the hole with a main beam indicator light or something

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I certainly don't like the idea of taking a hand off the bars to dip the lights so the combined horn/dip will be the way to go.

I assume the kill switch pictured in the parts book becomes unnecessary if the bike has an ignition switch?

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
dunno

I have a cub that has a nacelle mounted combined lights and ignition switch and no kill switch.

All my other bikes have had a kill switch as well (on the bars) I avoid using it.

The idea is (I think) to make it easier to kill the bike in case of an accident, or I suppose, stuck throttle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts