Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a long time Triumph enthusiast and have recently purchased an early 1967 T100R that appears to be mostly original. I have a question regarding the rear fender. It has a rolled edge all the way around, which is different from the blade type fenders rolled only at the front and back edge. Is this a distinguishing characteristic from early year model Daytonas?

Rolled Rear Fender:

Traditional Blade Fender:

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I do not know how it came about but some export 66-67 500 and 650 models came with that rear fender. Perhaps an issue with a particular supplier?

Rod

·
Registered
578 Posts
FWIW, I have a '67 T100R west coast US model, and yes it has that rolled edge rear fender. I assume it was at the start of the production run since it has monbloc carbs. I am under the impression they switched to concentrics partway through the model year.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Out of curiosity, can I ask how much it ran you and where in the world this was? I kind of wonder what going prices are, since this looks to be the same bike I have. In fact, I am not seeing anything obviously out of model year on yours. Mine has some parts from different years mixed in, like the TLS brake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts