Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the help from the board i now now the basket i aquierd is a single carb 1966 thunderbird

i would like to return it to a original apperance or at least close
the bike has a peanut tank on it and the wrong forks
altough the lowers do look triumph these look about 8 inchs over im guess some one swapped tubes also i need to find a headlight but
almost all the add i find are for bonivelles so i guess im trying to find out if anyone now what fits before i go excercise my credit card on ebay

best i can tell i need a tank fork tubes or fork assemby and head light assembl and a side stand

·
Registered
847 Posts
with the help from the board i now now the basket i aquierd is a single carb 1966 thunderbird

i would like to return it to a original apperance or at least close
the bike has a peanut tank on it and the wrong forks
altough the lowers do look triumph these look about 8 inchs over im guess some one swapped tubes also i need to find a headlight but
almost all the add i find are for bonivelles so i guess im trying to find out if anyone now what fits before i go excercise my credit card on ebay

best i can tell i need a tank fork tubes or fork assemby and head light assembl and a side stand
Get a parts book for a start. Classicbike.biz has one for online viewing at http://classicbike.biz/Triumph/Parts/1960s/66Triumph650ccPartsManual.pdf
It was published in September 1965, so it should be for the 1966 model year.

One of your main challenges is going to be the nacelle. I believe Ace Classics UK is your best bet for reproduction bits. Not cheap. There are many different Triumph nacelles, and mixing and matching among models is generally impossible.

Start a thread in the members projects forum, and entertain us with your progress. In return, there are many experts on this forum who will give you help and encouragement along the way.

All the best with your project.

Cheers,
Neil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts