Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right gents normally I spend my time lurking on the supersports part of this site but I'm drawn here for a bit of advice reference the above bike, which my dads currently rebuilding.

He's put in a sterling effort and is getting down to the final touches now , however he's really struggling to track down a few parts to finish his project and get it on the road.

These are:

Speedo SSM 5001/00
Abutment nut (located on the front brake where the outer sheath of the brake cable ends)
Fulcrum pin (which the above screws onto)

He really is that close.

Any help getting him on the road again would be a great help, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to try or even if you've got any of the above lying around which you'd like to sell please just PM me or post up here.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

·
Registered
625 Posts
For the two small parts, pull the part numbers and call a parts supplier. I feel like someone is going to have it. Maybe check with some of the folks selling NOS parts on eBay. They may have them sitting in a bin somewhere. I'm sure one of the suppliers out there has them.

For the speedo, they can be tricky. Watch eBay, but remember that the magnetic Smiths gauges do go bad ... all of them ... don't overpay for a used one as a rebuild is gonna run you $165 or so on your core. There are rebuilt ones and good used ones out there.

Let's see some pics of that bike, btw ...

and ... you can DEFINITELY ride it without a speedo ... or front brake, if you're careful ... at least around the neighborhood ... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you see one, grab it.

I spent about 6 mths trolling around ebay and saw 3. I was to cheap to spend up on the first 2 but got hungry on the 3rd, and lucky. Cost me US$100. went straight on the bike and runs ok, bit shakey at 85 but so what.
As for the abutment. An hour in the shed and I made one. You may just need the right tap so that it fits the stud correctly.
I used a bolt and nut in the bottom of the cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts