Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 52 tiger 100, the paint colour is silver sheen but i dont have a sample to get matched, does anyone have the paint code for silver sheen ?
also regarding the wheel rims, i have been told they were all painted in silver sheen with a black center(around nipples), i have also been told that they are chrome rims with a silver sheen center and lined with dark blue pinstripe, can anyone clarify this for me.
many thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that but they dont give a colour code just an option to buy the ready mixed paint at a high cost(£60 a litre) and in 2k, i want cellulose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like ms motorcycles it will be, cheaper than rs but still expensive as i can get a litre of colour matched for £17 delivered if i had a match !!.
Any one know about the colour of the wheels and if they are chromed etc ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am restoring a 52 tiger 100, the paint colour is silver sheen but i dont have a sample to get matched, does anyone have the paint code for silver sheen ?
also regarding the wheel rims, i have been told they were all painted in silver sheen with a black center(around nipples), i have also been told that they are chrome rims with a silver sheen center and lined with dark blue pinstripe, can anyone clarify this for me.
many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wheel rims are chrome with silver sheen over nipple Centre with dark blue pin stripe. An alternative to silver sheen is Vauxhall Sebring Silvermist colour code 8WH. Glasurit VX-705 or Autocolour3320M

·
Premium Member
9,699 Posts
John at msmotorcycles is an expert at triumph finishes. He is/was the late hughie hancox's son in law.
I would check the chrome rim details as at some point chrome wheel rims were on hold due to the Korean War.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts