Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike in winter storage and just pining to be out on the road with those in the south or AUS/NZ. 4 months to go.
I am 160lbs and wife 150 and would like to have revs down at highway speed for noise level and vibration but am not sure if 19 tooth primary sprocket is worth the change or not. Buddy changed his Bonny to 19 but he is riding solo a his wife has her own.
Final thoughts? Dunnn na na naaaa!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I weigh 225 pounds. My wife weighs 135 pounds. Any decrease in performance seems negligible. It does keep revs down at highway speeds. I strongly believe skillful shifting can overcome any concerns you may have with a 19 tooth.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The 19 tooth is much better suited to the 270 deg. motor than the Bonnie.s due to more torque down low. I have a 18 and a 19 and change them depending on how I feel. Its only a 15 min job.
:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 up ??

I think that it is only one up on the 07 Speedmaster. 17 tooth you think at my age I want to do wheelies?:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike away ski today

When we Canucks see the postings coming in from southern states and Aus or NZ we are sooooo jealous because snow is going to cover the ground until April:( Trips to the local bike shops to sit astride a two wheeler and in January it doesn't matter which brand or model and reading posts on this site along with our favourite magazines is the best we can do. So we pull out our skis or snowmobile and make the best of the winter because only a return trip flight and $1000 will take care of the itch. Fortuneately for me downhill skiing is my fav.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought my thrux to play around not to have less vibration or reduced highway noise.
Its a 17 or 18 for me :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
17-18-19

Well, as the French say " Chaque une son gout" .... Just try not to get too much gout on you.:D

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm wearing out the toe of my left boot looking for sixth gear. Ya'll sold me, I'm ordering up a 19. Got a badass old ZX9 for wheelies and suicidal tendancies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts