Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks to all the contributors on the site for the great info, appreciated as always. I know this topic has been well worn but thought I would share my first thoughts. I haven't had a chance to hit it hard as all my riding has been city style but I am very pleased and a bit surprised but how much smoother and more cohesive it feels. The gearing just seems so much more natural. No longer must I down shift to first in tight traffic to have any response, second pulls real nice and I find I can actually use third occasionally. So for in city riding I am expecting to actually get better mileage.

Install was straight forward, I did find that my counter sprocket nut was not the least bit tight. I only have about 5000 miles so maybe something that should be checked......

Cheers

Tridents are next, just waiting for my baffle.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I'd like to install one on my '08 since I do a lot of city commuting. But I want to get something to correct the speedometer error first.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
here is my cheapest speedo healer

It is for the 18t
[/IMG]

Hear is my 20 buck bicycle speedo. Mounted the magnet on the front rotor it show true speed. I got the roll out numbers if you need em. Only bad thing you can't see it at night but can see the speedo needle

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
17t

You guys like the 18 in the city, you have to try the 17t. Its insane

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
For the 05+ you can use the tuneboy to fix your speedo. The 18t was real good in town. It took a bit of that frantic feeling out of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts