Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Synigod,

Hope you’re having a blast with your spokes.

I’m torn between leaving my mags stock or powder coating them but am slowly leaning towards the latter, and will probably do this once I have a more complete vision how to paint the bike (it’s all black at the moment but may go to a matte grey/brown tank/seat look).

I’m curious — what type of black did you use on your mags? (Ie gloss, satin, matte) and what did you consider before making that choice?

Thanks!
Caramel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Caramelgq
The black options I had were limited at the time but I ended up choosing something that my powder-coater had a sample of. I wanted something a little deeper black so a chose a semi gloss black. I still love the mag wheels but I don't envision the need to ever switch back to them from my wider spoke wheels. I can help you with your issue of being torn. I'll sell you my pc mag rims :p lol. Then you'll have the option to put whatever you want at the time on.

If you do end up going the route of pc-ing your rims then let me know and I can send you a write up of what I did. My bearings were not easy to get out. Make sure you get a new set of bearings and seals as well.

Jeff

Hi Synigod,

Hope you’re having a blast with your spokes.

I’m torn between leaving my mags stock or powder coating them but am slowly leaning towards the latter, and will probably do this once I have a more complete vision how to paint the bike (it’s all black at the moment but may go to a matte grey/brown tank/seat look).

I’m curious — what type of black did you use on your mags? (Ie gloss, satin, matte) and what did you consider before making that choice?

Thanks!
Caramel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 22 of 22 Posts