Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my 09 675 a couple years ago and just got another bike this weekend, a "new" 18 Scrambler with 13 miles on it. I love the style which is probably why most people buy this bike, not for performance but that being said it is a bit lacking in the power dept. Prob should have gotten the 1200 but they were about $2,000 more and taller, im short so the 900 fit much better. ANYWAY! I'm planning on the BC catless pipe and a tune, in reality is this going to make any noticeable difference in performance? On the daytona i used tune-ecu and the USB-to-16 pin connector but looks like that software doesn't support the newer bikes? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
176 Posts
These bikes are not sportbikes and will never be regardless of how much money you throw at them. I've rode the Street Scrambler, and if you ride it using the low end torque its hilarious, so much fun! If you try to get that top end rush from sportbikes, it aint there. I've tried before to turn bikes into a different thing, I've lost lots of money and most of the time the results are usually dissapointing.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
i just got a leftover SS a 2019 for the Brembo up front as Quaker City Motorsport had a new 2018 as well. you can get the free spirits decat, front pipes only to kill the hot spot-cat + the BC is $$$$ for only the rear + is said to be LOUD, i see they offer a front header as well for more $$$ + you might loose the heat shielding. i love mine as it replaced a rarely used BMW G650GS. i also have a preowned 18 T120 with lots more GOOO. read + learn before you spend + only YOU need be pleased!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just got a leftover SS a 2019 for the Brembo up front as Quaker City Motorsport had a new 2018 as well. you can get the free spirits decat, front pipes only to kill the hot spot-cat + the BC is $$$$ for only the rear + is said to be LOUD, i see they offer a front header as well for more $$$ + you might loose the heat shielding. i love mine as it replaced a rarely used BMW G650GS. i also have a preowned 18 T120 with lots more GOOO. read + learn before you spend + only YOU need be pleased!!
My bike is from Quaker city motorsport too! the '18 you are talking about might be the one i bought. I think i'll do BC header and a tune, but man i really wanna do the tecbike camshaft too. im a ford master tech, replacing motorcycle cam looks like cakewalk compared to replacing ford shortblocks all day.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
very pleased with quaker city, i opted for delivery option + they took my trade back with them, as i was not looking forward to downtown phila but would have liked to check the place out + their Royal Enfields. i delt with Rob + he got my missing rear carrier plate asap. Hermys is my local but they had nothing as i only wanted a 19 in Cranberry red + got a decent deal!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts