Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks: Long time lurker, first time poster....

I was recently out for a ride on my Street Twin when I started having problems downshifting from 2nd to 1st. I would press down on the gearshift lever, and nothing would happen; the lever would just hit its bottom limit and spring back up.

After a couple of minutes, I found that I could shift into neutral and then 1st. And by the time I got home, I discovered I could shift from 2nd --> 1st, but only by pressing the gearshift down very gently.

I also saw that the service icon had popped up on my speedo display. When I checked the fault code (by pressing "i" while turning the ignition on and waiting for "dtc" to appear; thank you TriumphRat users for that tidbit!), it came back P0000 -- no fault detected.

I haven't had any accidents or dropped the bike, and as far as I know haven't banged the gearshift lever at any point. I don't have any problems upshifting 1st --> 2nd, or up- and downshifting between any of the other gears. Any ideas of what might be going on?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Try a little blip of the throttle just as you about to shift down into 1st. That should fix ya up.

Paul

·
Vendor
237 Posts
It sounds to me like the linkage has shifted adjustment slightly, so that it's fouling on itself at the end of the stroke. Try raising the pedal just a touch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts