Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 5000 miles my right front caliper has seized. I noticed a pulsation coming from the front brake at low speed and then the bike got hard to roll at a light. I got home and the disc was full of hot spots. Dealer tech tells me he's had 4 of these so far so something is going on. Turns out today that Triumph has no calipers in the US so I have to wait for a new one to come from England. So, keep an eye out guys.

Marc

·
Registered
465 Posts
At 5000 miles my right front caliper has seized. I noticed a pulsation coming from the front brake at low speed and then the bike got hard to roll at a light. I got home and the disc was full of hot spots. Dealer tech tells me he's had 4 of these so far so something is going on. Turns out today that Triumph has no calipers in the US so I have to wait for a new one to come from England. So, keep an eye out guys.

Marc

Last year I brought my 14 to the dealer so they can fix an ABS light under warranty. They had to order a new rear disc and rear sensor, came from England as well. Took 2 months, some of the prime riding time of the year, May and June. My only explanation is that they sent it by pedal boat and the pedaller drowned or was eaten by sharks, as even by pedal boat it takes less than 2 months to cross the pond. I am telling you this so maybe you might decide to exert continuous, relentless pressure on the dealership to prevent such a delay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's nice to hear ? I'll give them till next week and then start pushing. At least if they're sending one from England hopefully it'll be new production with the problem corrected.

Marc

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think i had a front left piston seize at one time. That rotor warped so i swapped for Braking rotors. Cleaned the pistons and they all work fine now. Odd though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts