Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
441 - 446 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Based on the experience of others here, it's more than likely not fixed...and they were a-holes for not doing the brake bleed for free.
I doubt its going to be fixed as well. Im not a fan of this dealership (had issues with them when they worked on my Duc too), but only one close (and they are still an hour away).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I will definitely just replace the pistons before going all rcs19 corsa corta on things, but my point was that I dont think Triumph will figure out what is wrong if we go around implementing our own fixes. I do think the group of people on this forum experimenting on different things is super valuable though...
I'm ready to restart the timer - I took advantage of the crap weather this weekend to do a full rebuild of the brembo m4 calipers. Thorough cleaning, new seals, new fluid, and braketech stainless pistons and some new sbs hh pads. The old seals looked great, fluid was clear and light, the old pistons were pretty clean too, but the calipers themselves were pretty grimy and the old brembo hh pads were pretty close to the wear markers after a year of riding and five track days.

As always I will report back if my brake lever engagement starts moving around, but for now all seems good again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So my bike started having this issue again, but I think I know what may be causing it. When I was on the interstate heading home from work, the bike was at about 5,500 RPM, I looked down at the brake fluid reservoir and noticed it was all white. I think the vibration from the motor at higher RPM is ariating the brake fluid, causing a air bubble in the master cylinder, therefor giving the first squeeze softness. Once I reduced engine RPM, the brake fluid went back to its normal color/look...

·
Registered
23 Posts
So my bike started having this issue again, but I think I know what may be causing it. When I was on the interstate heading home from work, the bike was at about 5,500 RPM, I looked down at the brake fluid reservoir and noticed it was all white. I think the vibration from the motor at higher RPM is ariating the brake fluid, causing a air bubble in the master cylinder, therefor giving the first squeeze softness. Once I reduced engine RPM, the brake fluid went back to its normal color/look...
There may be a hydraulic leak somewhere in your system which is pulling air in. A bit of a pita to find if there's no sign of fluid weeping

If there's air in your brake system it's likely an unrelated problem to the double pull issue being discussed in this thread

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have been loosely following this problem. My 2016 Speed started doing this after about 500mi. It has been to the dealer twice. They were unable to fix the problem. I also tried a vacuum bleeder with no avail. My warranty ran out in Aug 2020.

Any idea it it is worth contacting the Santiago guy?

441 - 446 of 446 Posts