Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's one of those days that reinforces why I never put my Bonnie up for the winter. Despite being mid-December, the temp is going to hit 60 F, and it was 45 F when I left for work this AM.

Only bike on the road between Baltimore and Adelphi MD where I work. Light mist, but only enough to leave drops on my windsreen and yet have me remain dry because the speed is sufficient to evaporate the moisture.

Hopefully will remain rain free when I leave for home around 4:30.

Just great to be able to ride this time of year. . .

ride on

rick

·
Registered
493 Posts
Me Too

Yesterday we are able to take time for a pleasurable ride with temps in the mid 50s. Then the front moved through overnight. Right now it is 14 deg F with ice on the roads. But rarely do I miss more than 2 weeks without getting in a ride. Thus I do not winterize the machine either. Winter is a great time for riding... just not every day :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's funny you say that. I rode my bike yesterday here in Wichita, KS. It was 12 degrees before the wind chill was factored in! Probably 8 degrees below. That doesn't take into consideration the wind I felt from riding. Even with my helmet, I swear I felt like my face was going to break. :eek: I rode a total of five miles. It was a blast, considering.

Our first really bitter cold front of the year started yesterday. I had a great idea to ride my Bonny to my office to store it in a temperature controlled environment. Plus I get to look at it while I'm at work! I had just finished washing it the week before (prior thread "gotta love kids") It looks like it is ready for the show room.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh...and I will not be winterizing my bike either. Since I work for myself I figure I can take my bike out for a ride even more by keeping it at my office in the winter. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I used to do the same thing back in Michigan - if there was a spare day to ride, I'd ride.

Conversely, it's raining its arse off here today - took the cage :rolleyes:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ummm. No thanks. It's 14 degrees out with a light wind, and here's a photo of one of my favorite backroads in the area... taken over the weekend:

I think the bike will stay tucked safely in the garage for now. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is a perfect day to ride in Richmond, VA today. When I left for work this morning it was almost 50 F and is supposed to get up to about 70 F.

No need to winterize the bike since we will get days like this throughout winter.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's killing me . Temps are close to 70 and I have a flat tire!! To top it off the local bike shop is closed today so I can't get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Pretty amazing -it hit 70 in New York City today! At my house it was in the 60's and I got in a nice ride before dinner. They haven't sanded the roads this year so... - why not? Saw a couple of bikes out.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Hit it yesterday for a couple of hours. Almost 50 degrees.

Tried out the new Tourances on some gravel roads and went through a creek. Tourances didn't feel as stable on the loose stuff as the Trailwings but are far superior on the asphalt.

I might have to give up on the rural dirt/gravel roads for now.

I didn't get a chance to ride today but it was ever present in my mind. Rain forcasted for the rest of the week.:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I rode to work today as well - and no gloves on the way home!
Well that's no big deal if you live in Tahiti. So why not post your location?

Northwest Washington has ice on the roads and some pretty rough winds blowing now, so the bike is staying in the garage and ready to go when we get a weather break. Last year on New Years Day, it was nice enough that a lot of bikes were on the road.:)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Well that's no big deal if you live in Tahiti. So why not post your location?

Northwest Washington has ice on the roads and some pretty rough winds blowing now, so the bike is staying in the garage and ready to go when we get a weather break. Last year on New Years Day, it was nice enough that a lot of bikes were on the road.:)
Oh, did not realize my location is not shown - used to be. But I am in New Jersey.

·
Registered
44 Posts
4 inches of snow last Thursday (only the 4th time I've ever seen it snow around here in the past 40 years). 80 degrees and sunny tomorrow. ::D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts