Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,i read some where today,you can get a power comander that will make a speed triple produce 145 bhp,is this right,
is there any other way i could squeeze more bhp out of my 01 triple?
any help much apreciaated,thanks:):)

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
hello,i read some where today,you can get a power comander that will make a speed triple produce 145 bhp,is this right,
is there any other way i could squeeze more bhp out of my 01 triple?
any help much apreciaated,thanks:):)
If "Somewhere" said so it must be true. Try adding NOS for a boost in HP

·
Registered
936 Posts
Where, At the Crank or Wheel? At the wheel you would need a Shedload of engine work to bring it from 115 Hp ( Average ) to 145 naturally aspirated!!!! The Daytona Mill is rated at 147 at the crank, what you read was probably a Daytona to S3 conversion, A few Guy's on the forum have done this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You can make the average dynojet say just about anything.

For that sort of power i would also recomend 02+ daytona motor swap. I have a thread around here with some details about it. It is non trivial.

Lots of folks run different gearing. That is really the cheapest way to change how the power is delivered on the bike.

Have Fun!

·
Registered
656 Posts
One thing I don't quite get, not being mechanically minded, is what makes the Daytona engine put out more HP than the S3 when both have the same displacement, bore, stroke, etc? Can anyone explain that for me? I've looked at the spec sheets for both, and couldn't find what the key differences are....

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Daytona is built to a higher standard (cylinder liners, conrods, camshafts etc), which allows it to safely rev higher. Daytona camshafts are putting main power band higher up in the rev range, when Triples cams are targeting the low end grunt more.

I am not sure if the valve sizes are different also or not.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Main physical diff between the motors is:

1. Cams, Dayton has more aggressive cams.
2. Forged pistons and other stronger bits.
3. Higher RPM.
4. Larger exhaust header.

I THINK the heads and valves are the same for the most part. Compression might be up a bit but I would have to double check.

All that adds up to more hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts