Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So total built a mere 1421......with exports, broken bikes etc etc looks like there arn't huge numbers of the old T300 Speed Triple about !? which will explain why at bike bike meets I can not see another.....the Mayday run at Hasting can attract 20K bikes and I'll struggle to see another some years..let alone a choice of Orange/Black/Yellow...like no chance.

The role call has thrown up probably 35 bikes in total..any way of finding out how many are still in the UK ?

Cheers
Mot

·
Registered
232 Posts
So total built a mere 1421......with exports, broken bikes etc etc looks like there arn't huge numbers of the old T300 Speed Triple about !? which will explain why at bike bike meets I can not see another.....the Mayday run at Hasting can attract 20K bikes and I'll struggle to see another some years..let alone a choice of Orange/Black/Yellow...like no chance.

The role call has thrown up probably 35 bikes in total..any way of finding out how many are still in the UK ?

Cheers
Mot
How Many Left (based on the DVLA database) only shows 67 MOT'd for the road and 24 SORN (Total:91) in the UK in 2011.

If that's true half of the road going bikes in the UK will be at the meet :)

But I don't know how accurate that is as it depends on what the dealer/first owner enter the bike details on the V5 (i.e. there are 7 categories for Speed Triples). For example the database only shows 1 Speed III and I know for certain that there are more than that in the UK. UK Dealers also hold records of bikes sold/maintained, but will not give out the info (I have asked)

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=triumph+speed+triple

By comparison there are 3,724 Speed Triple 1050's on the DVLA database registered in the UK!

Either way hang on to that T3 Speed Triple, they are getting rare in the UK as time goes on...

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
So total built [was] a mere 1421...
The modest Triumph company was a much smaller concern with lower annual build number back then. Today, through its robust sales and growing model range, it is rapidly becoming a global force that is slowly moving from the niche market it has ably occupied for the past 21 years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm happy that one turned up close by. I know of 2 in this area that were butchered by their owners a couple of years back, totally wasted them....so that's 2 less.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm happy that one turned up close by. I know of 2 in this area that were butchered by their owners a couple of years back, totally wasted them....so that's 2 less.
Hopefully all the ones left are now being nurtured? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow those are some amazing numbers there allmost makes you wanna park your bike(NOT):)

wonder the satisictics of the 98 sprint exec in the us I havent seen many here maybe one or 2 but they were the green exec I believe those were 95 and 96's thou

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
The Sprint Exec was a '98 only model, so definitely not a lot of 'em around.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

According to 'how many left' there were 127 exec's licensed in the UK last year, mine's in the garage drying out, think I might fit floats at the weekend.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
1421? That is not very many. Did you get that number from Triumph in regards to the little gathering they are throwing?

I own a 1996 Speed Triple (the faster black model), and I am taking delivery of my latest money pit this week, a 1994 Super 3. According to Harry55, their were only 805 Super 3s made, so it looks like I can console myself in the knowledge that my very scarce money is feeding very rare money pits.

Kevin

BTW Mot, your little web site has been a godsend at times.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder how many of that number ended up in North America? The only T3 I have ever seen in my area is my own! I know of a guy who has a 96 sprint at the triumph dealership, but I've never seen it.

Something I'm really proud of laying claim to, is that I have the pleasure of owning the first Speed Triple to touch ground in North America. Apparently this was The bike that went from bike show to bike show for display for Triumph. I love the fact that I own a piece of triumph history. And I love owning an original classic.

I'm in western Canada btw
ImageUploadedByMO Free1335809473.553044.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh, I agree with Bike Whisperer. Thanks to Mot's website, I've gotten a lot of info on my bike and ideas of what I would like to do....if I was actually useful with a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 13 of 13 Posts