Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Hindle Evolution slip on from my old '13 triple that I want to put on my D675. However, I want to keep the ex-up system in tact and have the butterfly valve welded into the hindle extention pipe to the headers. In essence, i'm mimicking the arrow set up. I want a bit more growl and slightly better flow but having the noise cut down a bit on cold start ups and idling. Also adding a bit of back pressure for low RPM riding.

My question - utilizing the existing valve would involve cutting off the exhaust tip on the stock exhaust. Is there a replacement part for the valve itself I could order? What are your thoughts?

Tune wise, I wanted to run the arrow OTS map from the dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone there? :p

stupid idea or has no one has attempted this their own makeshift ex up exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
I doubt anybody has tried that. It's easy enough to just use an end can and leave the rest alone. My bike is an '06, which means it's got a different arrangement from yours. On my bike, the valve is before the end can, so you can use a slip-on without changing anything.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just buy a stock exhaust second hand if you want the part. Should be pretty cheap, especially off a crashed bike.

I don't see the point really. The EXUP is a pain in the ass at the best of times, and a common problem for getting stuck on these bikes. Trying to get that to work on a different system... seems like asking for trouble really.

You'd be better with a silencer in it, or visiting an exhaust shop and getting them to make one for you. I've done that for an M4 system that was too loud in the past.

Is it just the noise or are you worried about the fault code? Just grab a Servobuddy if it's the latter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts