Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a pair of LSL Fixed Performance Rearsets for Bonneville (01-) on the website www.oncycles.com for $133. Has anyone heard of these? I've seen the LSL folding ones for like $400 on other sites so $133 sounds real good if they actually will fit.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Its seems a lot of 'metal' for just the rear pegs. The text says 'rear peg' but the picture suggests rearsets some other bike?? The picture shows a rearset dfferent to the LSL design for the Bonneville

·
Registered
510 Posts
This quote directly from the page says:

"Shift and Brake levers are produced from a very high quality of aluminum and due to their construction they are very stiff."

Shift and brake levers.....those wouldn't be for the rear right????

Maybe I'm missing something....

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
$133 rearsets would be a steal

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Mototwin used to do them - now owned by Moto Evolution. I remember seeing LSL stuff on their site - I think it is German - made. Looks the real deal to me. For peace of mind you should check out Norman Hyde's Thruxton rearsets - more cash but the quality is first rate and they FIT and work perfectly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That price is for the rear pegs, judging by the item directly above it on the webpage --> http://www.oncycles.com/browse.asp?department=rearsets&category=triumph&subcategory=bonneville

Yes, after further investigation I agree. They have the description of the regular rear sets and the picture but they have this quote.

"They also supply passenger foot pegs in the same design and colors"

Since they also have the regular rear sets here, I firgure that these are the passenger rear sets.
http://www.oncycles.com/catalog.asp?department=rearsets&product=7409

Their site is not clear and they should fix it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I called them and spoke with a live person. It is only the rear passanger peg. LSL only offers a certian amount of pictures and they are only trying to show what the peg might look like. The reat set picture is for another bike. In fact if you notice, the peg picture wouldn't even fit on a triumph.
The pegs we want are on the same page just above this one selling for over $300. That is still a good price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Closer to $400. Not quite as good

I called them and spoke with a live person. It is only the rear passanger peg. LSL only offers a certian amount of pictures and they are only trying to show what the peg might look like. The reat set picture is for another bike. In fact if you notice, the peg picture wouldn't even fit on a triumph.
The pegs we want are on the same page just above this one selling for over $300. That is still a good price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.