Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello guys, new member here. just received some goodies from british customs today, super happy and excited.

installation guide says 1.5 hours. it actually took me 4.5 hours, first timer. zero mechanic experience, spent most of my time trying to unplug the o2 sensors.

just wanted to show you guys a couple pictures.

and inquire about fuel remapping/tuneECU, should i bring it to a tune shop rather than trying that myself since my lack of experience would most likely screw it up.

p.s. i have a video too but don't know how to post that

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice bike. Whilst I didn't fit those pipes I did fit new pipes and removed the AI. I tuned it using Triumph Twin Power tune. It was easier than a carb bike - just hook it up to your laptop and follow the instructions.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I installed these pipes on my bike. Trust me when I say that Your bike will run a lot better if you install a new tune in it. If my memory is correct and if you’re using tune ecu, then I believe the arrow 2-2 tune is good starting point.

Installing a tune seems like a huge hurdle but if you can follow instructions, then you’ll be able to tune it yourself no problem. I’m a Mac person and haven’t used a pc in forever. Honestly the hardest part of tuning my bike was adjusting to pc operating system. Sincetuning my bike, I’ve now tuned around 6of my friends triumphs - it’s that easy!

those pipes are loud and I don’t remember them having a baffle. I believe they are straight pipes unless you installed an after market baffle? I love loud pipes. All my bikes have been loud and I support loud pipes to this day. But these pipes Added more strain on my riding experience then I cared for. And if I was on the road for a while it just became too uncomfortable. I hope that you can enjoy them more than I could. I love the look of these pipes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stil lhavent gotten around to get my fuel map retune. but i did remove the air injection system and it sounds a lot healthier and less choppy

·
Registered
307 Posts
stil lhavent gotten around to get my fuel map retune. but i did remove the air injection system and it sounds a lot healthier and less choppy
Fuel map will really help. It’s not that difficult to do yourself. Though it does seem like a huge mountain to climb. For me, returning my bike seemed like a huge hurdle that I couldn’t wrap my head around. But after sitting down with the steps and following the instructions, I realized just how easy it is to do...plus the bike will run a whole lot smoother

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
updates:

New parts
  • “thruxton” cafe fairing
  • cafe seat
  • headlight
  • bar end signal & fork signal
  • rear shock mount signal
  • rear fender