Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first real thread on this forum other than the intro one I did a while back. I've had my 13 Speedy for a little over a month now and am loving it! Awesome, awesome bike.

My main gripe is purely subjective and I'm sure I might get a lot of flack for it but here it is nonetheless, I absolutely abhor the plastics on it; particularly the radiator shroud. I was wondering if anyone new if the older style (pre-2013) shrouds would be a direct bolt on as I absolutely can't stand them. Below is the specific piece I'm having a disagreement with:

I was hoping to replace it with any pre-2013 shroud as they are a bit lower profile and black.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Earlier radiators weren't curved and smaller. Don't think they would work.
I've considered trimming mine down. They are god awful looking design IMO.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earlier radiators weren't curved and smaller. Don't think they would work.
I've considered trimming mine down. They are god awful looking design IMO.
That makes two of us. Has to be someone around who's already given this a shot. Heck, I might give it a go this Friday if no one else posts back saying that the pre-2013 shrouds fit.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
As stated, they do not fit. Anything can be made to fit with enough motivation, but they will not be a direct bolt on.

The 16+ ones are a little more low profile I think, and would be more likely to fit with less modification.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Try and talk me out of taking a dremel tool to mine. Hate the shape but what's holding me off is I may want to trade it off in a couple years.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try and talk me out of taking a dremel tool to mine. Hate the shape but what's holding me off is I may want to trade it off in a couple years.
Yeah good points on the whole resale bit but that's probably not going to stop me lol. I just got the bike, have no thoughts of trading it anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
The parts aren't that expensive, if you bugger it up, its only like 200 bucks or something for everything you'd need and it comes painted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts