Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waiting to take delivery of my r3, haven't got a service/maintenance manual yet so could any one tell me if there is a power (12v)outlet on the bike or if one can be fitted. I installed one of these on my old speedmaster and found it usefull eg:- to regharge my mobile phone, power sat nav etc. forgive me if this is an old subject but i'm new to the r3 and this forum, any help or advise will be welcome

·
Registered
876 Posts
There is a place just under the left side of the tank (as you're sitting on the bike) in the little black trim panel. Triumph, of course, sells an accessory outlet. However, you can get an accessory outlet (cigarette lighter) at most any auto parts store for about $5.00 and it should plug right in to the plug located behind the black panel.

There's a plug behind the panel shape like a "T". I picked up an outlet with weather resistant cover from NAPA and it plugged right in. I did have to make the hole a little
bigger, but it didn't take much, and it's worked for a few years now.. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info Dave as soon as i get my hands on my R3 i'll look that one up, won,t be too long now ,can't wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts