Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surpassed the 10,000 mile mark the other night on my 07, felt pretty good. What sort of miles are some of you year-round riders seeing on the odometer? Any higher mileage issues that I should be aware of or is there some preventative maintenance I should be focusing on now to save myself the worries down the road?

·
Super Moderator
8,839 Posts
I only have about 14K on my 2006. I have turned into a bit of a wuss, I guess. Part of it was a balky throttle cable. There's nothing like fighting a sticking throttle cable on a slick road to get you religion real quick!

It's fixed now, but I'm starting a new business in a depressed industry and in a bad economy, so I'm not putting many miles on much of anything these days. It will change, and then the 675 is likely to rack up some serious mileage. The old Husqvarna will probably keep it from going 10K or more per year on a Triumph like I did on the TT600, but as long as it's 15K miles on bikes every year, life is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The '06 I bought last month sat in a garage for three years and came with only 212 miles on the clock. I'm up to about 750 miles now, so my yearly mileage is getting better every day....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts