Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not a Triumph and its not Nakid but any thoughts on the new DUC 1098? From what I have read so far and seen it looks to be a pretty impressive scoot and for just over 14K really impressive actually. Don't know if I would want one but if I was going to have a plastic wrapped ride it would be on the top of the list I think.

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my2007/Superbike/flash/index_eng.html

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is the sexiest motorcylce I have ever seen. I want one in a big bad way. Speedy is never going away though. She's the first street bike that I HAD to have (I'm only 25 give me a break.)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
that 1098 is definitely a sweet azz ride. the new cycle world has some information on it and it sounds really good on paper. can't wait to see how the real world performance is.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'd still rather have a black 999 :-D

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I looked at one at the International Motorcycle show in Seattle last Saturday. If I owned it, I would still rip the plastic off and put on normal handlebars, and it would still be uncomfortable as hell, so what would be the point? Now the S4r, that I liked, mostly...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just sat on the 1098 that's going to the Long Beach Motorcycle show. Yes, it's a really nice ride. The 999 is ancient history now. The biggest surprise was how roomy it was. I'm 6'6" 260 and I could race that thing AS IS tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nah. I still like the 999 better. Weird, I know. It's kinda slab-sided but looks good in black. I'm also probably the only one who actually likes the projector beam lights. And the undertail exhaust on the 999 looks better to me.

Okay, so they're out of favor. That just means I might find a deal :-D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far the feedback looks pretty good an everything I have read and it appears most everyone here agrees it is a pretty sweet ride. What surprised me the most was the price. You are getting a lot of technology and high end componets for a pretty good price. I would still wait a while to see if any bugs come up. Now if I could only find $14K in my couch cushions Speedy could have a playmate. lol...........

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ducati seems to have a winner here. I read that maintenance on the new bike is 50% of what Ducati has been in the past. Combine super bike power & weight with Italian styling, half the maintenance and a $15K price point and this one going out of the park. Iromoda said he fit and is 6'-6" and 260# :wow: That leaves hope for me at 6'3" and 225.

I still think I will take the ZX14 though and have $5K+ left over for insurance and mods :tasty:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I checked it out at the Seattle Show, and to my (admittedly biased) eyes it looks from the front pretty much like a Daytona 675- IF you took a big shovel and smashed the Daytona's windscreen flat first!

I am sure the performance is surreal, but I am also sure it will be uncomfortable - and it still does not look at good as a 916.

Then again, I don't like Ducatis....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts