Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Now I just want it to stop raining long enough to take it for a ride; forecasting hail here in Melbourne, and I'm not convinced about the waterproofing on the back of the dash yet.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
First Ride

As the title says - first time out as proof of concept. Really glad I kept the 955ST clip-ons - nice riding position. Just a gentle ride up to get some fuel. Actually pretty happy with it all at this stage. I think a D955i/Speed Triple front fender will find its way on at some stage. Surprised at how small it looks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Looks great Dave. Maybe a tail tidy would look good. Had one on my 2008 sprint.

Cheers,
Kap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Very good finish.

If i was picky I would have said a black engine would have looked better. But only if I was picky:grin2:.
You must be proud of your job.

Fred

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Looks great Dave. Maybe a tail tidy would look good. Had one on my 2008 sprint.

Cheers,
Kap.
Thanks Kap. I agree. I've got one on my other ST. Part of the aim of the build was to use what I had around, but also I need to get through a fairly pedantic bureaucracy to get the bike registered, and they tend to frown on the tail tidies. Also, the underseat tray is now Daytona 955i, with the tail light relocated above it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Very good finish.

If i was picky I would have said a black engine would have looked better. But only if I was picky:grin2:.
You must be proud of your job.

Fred
Thanks Fred - more surprised that it runs at this stage :wink2:

I thought black as well, but until I need to drop the engine, it can stay that way :grin2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
...and I've relocated the underseat exhaust to a low, side mount stubby.
Did you keep the Sprint header and just change out the mid-pipe and muffler, or go to a header that was designed for the side exit (like S3 or Sprint GT headers)? I've been debating picking up a Speed Triple header off ebay because it looks like the bend where it meets the mid-pipe is different, but don't want to throw out that money on parts I don't need if there's a simpler solution.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Did you keep the Sprint header and just change out the mid-pipe and muffler, or go to a header that was designed for the side exit (like S3 or Sprint GT headers)?
I just cut the original mid-pipe, had the end stretched to fit the muffler at an exhaust shop ($20), polished it and re-fitted it rotated to exit on the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
cool. I think I've got an extra mid pipe that came with my Two Brothers undertail when I got it, that I can't distinguish from the stock mid. I may go ahead and look at cutting it down for a side-exhaust option. I want to start on a new tail section soon.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice job. And yes. although the original probably works better as a fender, the 955i front fender looks heaps better. Is there no way you can utilise the integral fork lugs rather than having to use the 955i mounting straps?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts