Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a rear wheel,i know that fits straight on with no probs,just need to paint it,fit tyre and its done.............but what do i need to do to fit the front wheel???

Thanks guys and gals

Simon 'trump955'

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think I remember someone saying something about troubles mounting the front wheel due to speedometer issues. The 1050 doesn't pick the speed up off of the front wheel.

Not sure if that's going to be a problem or not, it's just what I remember reading.

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
1. You would also need rotors- 1050 is 5 bolt rotor, 955 is 6 bolt

2. Need to validate the spacing between the rotors - the 955 has conventional calipers with 129mm center to center - the 1050 radial may be different (perhaps someone with a 1050 can measure for you.)
If different you may be able to resolve with spacers or machining of the caliper mounts

3. Both axles are 25mm but the bearing arrangement & speedo drive (none on the 1050) are different.
It may be conceivable to fit the 955 bearings, center spacer, seals, speedo key, etc in the 1050 hub & use the 955 axle, sleeve & speedo drive - the key would be in the spacer between the bearings - these are different part numbers on the 1050 vs 955.

Note that you can pull up the parts fiche for each model on BikeBandit & compare the part numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts