Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to Kim at Donelson's today, and she said that I should have gotten an email from Triumph telling me that my 1050 Tiger was on the truck being sent to St. Louis as we speak. They said it should be 3 to 14 days for delivery, depending on location. (I would have gotten the email myself, but I forgot to tell Kim I changed my email address - duh). This means that playsinthestreet's is probably in the same truck. Getting excited now, but stil don't know what to trade, as it seems to be inbetween the Sprint and the old Tiger. Guess I'll ride it first to see what it will replace.
Dave

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's great news, I like what I am hearing since my dealer said delivery would be February sometime.

[ This message was edited by: OKCTriple on 2006-12-09 07:55 ]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently, the only ones being shipped right now are the ones that are already spoken for. They aren't shipping dealer's bikes yet, just customer's bikes.
Dave

·
Registered
404 Posts
I live in St. Louis and would love to see it - drop a line when you are planning to pick it up. I would love to come up and take a look before you ride off into the sunset. I am a frequent visitor to Donelsons - great people.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talked to kate today, she thought that they should have been in today, but that maybe they would be in tomorrow (Sat) - if they are, I'll let you know

getting pretty anxious
dave

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's awesome Playin (looks goooooood!), doesn't look like they have much to put together on them as they are shipped complete. When you planning on picking her up?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Like most things Triumph, the bags, center stand and can are due sometime in Jan. I can't get there before Feb so hopefully can ride it home with all the "stuff" on it then.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Understand, if you happen to be coming through Oklahoma and need a place to stay, you're more than welcome to overnight at my humble abode.

·
Registered
518 Posts
On 2006-12-28 20:16, playinthestreet wrote:
I appreciate the offer. When I know what I'm doing we'll figure it out. (then again "knowing what I'm doing" has been a life long struggle)
I here ya, the offer is open anytime.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sexy.

dead sexy.

and you picked the best color.
congrats!

but i'm confused...if you can't be there till february...who took the picture then?

[ This message was edited by: simonsez on 2006-12-29 23:25 ]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've finally gotten 500 miles on the new Tiger, and all I can say is "WOW". For me, Triumph really got this one right. It's suspension is stiffer (and fully adjustable), and therefore the bike isn't quite as comfortable on some of the really rough back roads around here, but the upside is that it's much more stable in the curves. It corners much quicker, without losing any straight line stability. My '05 used to squirm a bit under hard cornering, and I get none of that on the new one. The ergos are even more comfortable for me than the old one (I'm 6'2"), and believe it or not, the seat is even pretty comfortable. This may be my one bike where I don't get an aftermarket seat. I'm sure you all know about the engine, and it won't disappoint you. All in all, I think it's a great bike - at least for my purpose. I'm anxious to get some more miles on it, because the engine feels a little tight, but I'm sure that will go away soon.
I give it - two thumbs up!!!!
Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts