Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick post to let you know that GT Motorcycles will have a scorched yellow 1050 Tiger in the showroom from Thurs 30th Nov onwards (should be about dinner time before I get it de-crated and cleaned tho :-D )

GTRAT

·
Registered
95 Posts
Action motorcycles in Redditch (nr Birmingham) has one now and are taking test rides - I have one booked for thurs lunchtime so I'll let you all know what I think - I'm sure there'll be many posts with peoples opinions on it but I might get there before too many others.. :razz:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I called in to Pidcocks in Nottingham on Friday and they had a blue one plated up.

There was nothing in the showroom regarding a launch day, or a shiny new one, but outside in amoungst various second hand Triumph's was a blue 07 Tiger.

I assume it must have been a demo as it was covered in road dirt.

Considering its a brand new model, it seemed all very discreet.

Chris

·
Registered
518 Posts
At least you guys are starting to see them over there. I guess it makes since seeing as how they are manufactured in your neck of the woods. Some dealers here have been saying they will start to receive shipments in January and others are saying February. I have been told that those that pre-ordered will get theirs before the dealers get stock, I certainly hope so. :-D

·
Registered
353 Posts
"Bridge in Exeter have a black one. Saw it on Saturday and sat on it and had it running. Its on demo from the 27th. "

-What did you think of the black? That's what I'm interested in but can't seem to find any good pics in black.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Personally I don't like black.

I likes good and classy when new and polished, but as soon as you get a few miles on it never looks clean and the paint always shows the scrathes.

This month Ride magazine did a test on 4 Adventure sport bikes one of which was a black tiger. They passed similar coments about the black colour.

I have Lanrover Discovery in dark blue.....bad mistake......same problems as black. Also gets stinking hot in the summer as the dark colour absorbs the heat from the sun.

If the paint costs extra e.g for a car I am stingy and buy red, it doesn't show the dirt either. For my bikes preferably silver as the colour never looks dated or dirty. Unfortunately they don't do the new tiger in silver hence another reason not to go out and buy one.

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, its all PDI'd now, done an 18 mile road test :-D and boy 1st impressions are good, shame we have such sh*t weather here at mo coz I was getting blown all over the place lol. Will be riding it to Truro and back tomorrow to get it registered, so if anyone wants a test ride you better speak nicely to our manager lol

[ This message was edited by: GTRAT on 2006-12-07 13:13 ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts