Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been looking and procrastinating about a 1050 Sprint for about a year now and am going to look at a used 2005 model today. I have no knowlege of these and am coming to them from other brands.
Are there any particular issues or things I should look for or concern myself with.
Bike has 20k miles.
My intention is to use it as a more prcatical long distance mount than my V-Rod. I will add bags, Tiger handlebars.
Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi RC4MAN- You don't mention how many miles the bike has. Other than the things that you would look for on any bike, checking maint. records looking for obvious damage or neglect, making sure all systems work etc. You can check the VIN on Triumph website to see if your bike has been the subject of safety recalls. Also check the rubbers that hold various electrical components for rot. Good luck. You'll love the bike!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have this bike and love it to death. I have 30000km on it so far, and will be putting hopefully another 12 on it this year. I have the stock handlebars, like the forward lean myself. I added a MRA Racing double bubble windshield, I like it a lot. I got a deal on some used hard bags off the forum site, sorry to hear that the guy that sold me the bags crashed his bike a short while after.

I find the bike incredibly comfortable, I can not ride cruisers because of my lower back, the sprint allows me to ride in a comfortable position.

I had the Brake master cylinder replaced under a recall, and a bolt on my rear brakes, and one on my suspension. Then I had the sidestand switch replaced under warranty. The sidestand switch was the only thing that made my bike run funny. All has been great.

Good Luck,
Dr. T

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good choice, the blue ones are 10% faster
Geez, and I thought it was 200% faster... I want my money back...

:mad:

:rolleyes:

Hi. I have the 2005 model myself. Best bike I've ever had. If its in good condition and the recalls have been done, go for it!

·
Premium Member
24,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,388 Posts
No problemo mate,

I pirated them out of two recent threads and have 'em book marked.

The 50,000km comparo was held at the Nurburgring from memory and the magazine that conducted the test was Motorad (I think) it is Germanys top selling sports bike magazine, I guess everyone thought a K1200S would win but nope the trusty Trumpy Sprint did!:D

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the 05 Sprint not have a black painted engine?
I believe the 04 955 does and it seems to me that the newer ones do. I was just curious that the 05 I've been looking at does not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts