Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience of a 1050 Speed Triple misfiring around 2-3 thou RPM under load !. Only seems to do it when engine hot. This one seems to baffle the dealers who can't find the fault.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I'd check the TPS (throttle position sensor.) My TT600's came loose and the effect started out as a misfire at around 3k rpm and increasingly became worse until it was trying to buck me off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been re-mapped more times than a GPS, but thanks for the reply.

As for the TPS, when I find it I'll check it out. There is However an upgrade to the plug caps that I've had fitted to the bike on the 12K service. I'll let you know what happens

Many Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Where is the TPS on the TT600? I have been having troubles with the bike around 5K rpm when it is warmed up. Feels like it looses power and almost sputters.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pull your spark plugs and clean them or replace them. I have had that issue with mine. Clean plugs curred it. I also found that the plug boots will allow water in the tubes as well. I put a little bit of grease on the plug boots and they fit in the tubes better, no more troubles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think water is the issue. However, now I have had the upgraded plug caps fitted, the issue has, touch wood, gone away. Suggest anyone having the same issue gets a set fitted. Bikes back on full song and the weather in the UK is getting dry !!!

Thanks to you all for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts