Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'de like to change the stock handlebar on my Tiger 1050 for a lower one... was looking at Rizoma's bars that look pretty nice... anyone has some experience with handlebar change on the 1050 ?

thanx

·
Registered
3 Posts
ditto

the stock ones look like they came off a raleigh grifter, shiny chrome.... need matt black ones... any advice welcome (about replacement bars that is)...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rizoma has a black mat handlebar ! very nice !!! I took the gold one to match the suspension ;-)

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can always get them powder coated.

the stock ones look like they came off a raleigh grifter, shiny chrome.... need matt black ones... any advice welcome (about replacement bars that is)...

·
Registered
351 Posts
cdo that's a nice looking set up. Does that flattish new bar with risers give the same bar height as the standard bars ? Do any cables need extending ? And finally, what is the cost of the upgrade ?

Many thanks......JJ

·
Registered
29 Posts
cdo that's a nice looking set up. Does that flattish new bar with risers give the same bar height as the standard bars ? Do any cables need extending ? And finally, what is the cost of the upgrade ?

Many thanks......JJ
its the same hight as the standard bars, just the angle seems (for me) better suited to the way my arms bend. the bars and risers are from Triumph for.... are you sitting down.... £69 for the bars and £55 for the risers. they come in silver or black, and they are a triumph fitment so nothing needs modifying afaik.... they feel so much better and look great, i couldnt say no...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried looking into this when I first got my Tiger 1050--I wanted to lean forward a bit more; get my weight over the front wheel. Actually bought a nice handlebar with the classic "superbike" bend. Then I discovered that it would not work with my heated grips. It was one or the other. I chose heat. I read one post where someone had mounted Speed Triple bars, but there was no mention if the rider's hands remained toasty in the cold.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I tried looking into this when I first got my Tiger 1050--I wanted to lean forward a bit more; get my weight over the front wheel. Actually bought a nice handlebar with the classic "superbike" bend. Then I discovered that it would not work with my heated grips. It was one or the other. I chose heat. I read one post where someone had mounted Speed Triple bars, but there was no mention if the rider's hands remained toasty in the cold.
mine has heated grips.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
mine has heated grips.....
The new Triumph fat bars and risers for the Tiger are pre drilled for the heated grips.

Download instructions from Triumphinstructions.com Part number for the risers and part number for the heated grips. Installing the grips requires taking off the connector casing , a 1.5mm allan key can be used.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm a bit thick, how does the lower bar stop you fitting heated grips? Since you don't mention it I guess the lower bars didn't foul the fairing or tank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Handlebars

I tried 3 pairs, ProTapers and ProTaper risers in black, went to Rizoma Black bars and settled with Ducati HyperMotard black, with Rizoma risers. Perfect for me. They all three work, but PT's have yellow graphics, cheap, wide and flat 31.5 inches across. Knurled ends though and wont work with Rizoma grips. So Rizoma bars are not as wide, and pull back a little more. Hurt between my shoulders. All Rizoma across now risers, fluid can, bar ends, bar end mirrors, grips. Pazzo black short levers, Very Nice stuff, not cheap though. ~T~:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
heated

If you drill the center bottom of the bars and add a rubber grommet there are heated grip options, other than the Triumph Brand, and cheaper. ~T~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts