Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't ya just love these newbie questions? After reading some older posts I may get a barend mirror. One, right? Okay, which side do you put it on?

The S3 is one of the few bikes that I don't detest the stock mirrors. Aren't ugly and work pretty well. But the bike also looks good sans stock mirrors.

Second question: who has taken off their passenger pegs? Worth it? Heavy pigs? Kept them on even though passengers are rare....though I'd dread the opportunity of giving a cute girl a spin around the block!

Last: I like the looks of the stock 08 fender and am not a fan of the chopped or no fender look. And I'd like to retain the stock turn signals. Is there a mini-fender eliminator that retains stock signals without costing a fortune?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally- I use Napoleons on both sides. In a case of weight-saving for more horse power, put one on the left. And don't adjust them to see what's right behind you.

If you're still young enough to do more than LOOK at pretty girls, keep the pegs.

Don't have a clue about the fender.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Get the lane splitter bar end and put it on the left. (3")
Or both if you prefer. Unless you want a throttle lock...

Passenger pegs are heavy, depends on the ladies! :rolleyes:

Get rid of the dragon tail and pick up the Fender eliminator and you can keep your stock sigs
http://www.newspeed3.com/html/fender_eliminator.html

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
as far as the paeesenger pegs...mine are long gone. however my wife rides a bike of her own, so i have no need for them...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used one CRG HindSight lane-splitter (3") on the left for a year. Military bases require two mirrors, so I picked up a CRG Blind
Sight (2") for the right side, and like it a lot...experience taught me not to go with one mirror anymore, anyway.

The passenger pegs were the first thing off the bike. My wife won't ride, so that was an easy decision.

Can't tell you about the FE, as mine is an '07.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts