Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished mods tpusa airbox eliminator,dominator sport silencers,fender eliminator kit. idled the bike and revved it awhile,ran great go to pull out of driveway to test it and she shut off.checked fuses and i think it was #4 ignition fuse blown.went over bike and checked all wiring and connections and all looks good.could it be the new kick stand stop that came with dominators?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi
You might find that the ignition fuse also does the lights. I found this when I disconected the headlight fuse to do a track day and then the Thrux would not start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thruxton blown fuse

thanks for anwering back howl.i put a new fuse in and have been riding it since with no problems at all. the only thing i'm worried about now is the hose from the ai is plugged into nothing after removing the airbox.i was thinking of putting a crankcase breather filter on the end of it.it's sucking air like crazy and it seems you can't remove the ai on an efi bike yet without screwing up the computer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Jacko
I'm glad to hear your back on the road .I have removed the AI on my EFI Thrux . It has been set up on a dyno with a Tuneboy which lets the operator remap the ecu throughout the rev range and throttle positions .Tuneboy is just softwear so all you payfor is an unlock key and the dyno time .I think around 18-20% more fuel was added ! . If you have removed the air box you should get it remapped as it will run rather lean anyway.
There are some threads on this matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts