Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would say no . Triumph actually recommends ( or the Dealers state ) that TORs could be run with no rejetting ( however rejetting helps. I know I pulled stock jets out when I sold my TORs for Preds and the bike ran fine ) . As for EFI which can adjust to some point would be fine . Final say would be what Triumph says which I'd say they'd tell you no adjustments/ remaps . If you do happen to need to remap they'll have a remap for he TORs . Probably 50$ to install .

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. I do not think I'll like the sound of the stock exhaust. They can share the box with my Bonneville stock pipes. :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Good to know. I do not think I'll like the sound of the stock exhaust. They can share the box with my Bonneville stock pipes. :)
You won't . No one does . That's why there are accessories and aftermarket . ;) Enjoy the quest.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had my dealer install the TORS on my 2009 Thrux. They also down loaded and installed the Triumph "map" for the EFI. As stated above, the mileage has gone down but the power has gone up! I could not live with the "sewing machine" sound of the stock cans. Now it sounds more like the older bikes from the 60's & 70"s.

Ride safe,
(Florida sure is a hot place to ride in the summer. Can't wait for my next "mountain fix" in North Carolina / North Georgia)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
There is definitely a different EFI map for the TORs. I test-rode a T100 with TORs and the corresponding mapping, and the throttle was like a rheostat. Totally smooth and linear (way better than the mapping on my V-Strom). They did a great job.

--mark

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dyno results for my 2008 efi as standard and with peashooter pipes (baffled and unbaffled) are posted in Twin Talk Dyno Results.
The efi compensates for the difference with no need to remap. Not saying a remap would not bebenefical but the bike runs well.

I had a Vstrom 1000 and the bottom end never felt "right", Scorpion cans and a Power commander helped but I never had a specific map done for it as I traded it for a 1250 Bandit, much better fueling.
At the risk of getting booted of this site the VStrom Riders International site is a wealth of info on the bikes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I could not live with the "sewing machine" sound of the stock cans. Now it sounds more like the older bikes from the 60's & 70"s.
Couldn't agree more with that statement. I picked up a set of near new TORs for $400 from a guy who had to sell his Bonnie . Just waiting for the chance to put them on and get the EFI map done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi I had TORS put on my 09 thrux last month and loaded with a new tune which has been recently updated. So had the bike over at dealers on Saturday for updated tune and its running incredibly well.

Far better than stock tune and the TORs v1. I noticed a difference straight away as soon as i got back on the bike. Plus my TORs seem to be getting louder which i'm attributing to the colder weather here in UK. My bikes got about 2200 miles on it 600 of those with the TORs.

Stock pipes really do strangle the life out of the bike.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Ok so the mileage drop is next to nothing and if you buy it brand new the mileage is going to be at worst for about 2500kms until the engine breaks in. Honestly, I have had 4 EFI Triumphs and all of them got the same or better mileage.

The mapping doesn't just drop more fuel into the engine. You are reducing the work it takes to get exhaust gases out and opening the engine up making the physics more effecient. The drop in mileage comes from a far more excitable wrist so you can hear that lovely bark, not the map or TORS.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you install TORs it would be best to install a high flow air filter (K&N) and remove the rubber snorkel from the outside of the airbox (just pull off). You'll like it.
I didn't notice a dramatic decrease in gas mileage, don't worry about it. As said before, mileage drop is a result of wanting to twist the throttle more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.