Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the '09 Speed Triple $900 more than an '08? Exchange rates? Bad dollar? Something new on the bike worth the price hike?

I ask because I figured if anything ever happened to my current Speedy, I would have marched down to the Triumph dealership and gotten a new one; looking at the current price not so much any more.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I personally haven't heard of any changes.
But price hike is to compensate for a "stronger" dollar.
I had to raise prices on our products to compensate for the new exchange rates too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I personally haven't heard of any changes.
But price hike is to compensate for a "stronger" dollar.
I had to raise prices on our products to compensate for the new exchange rates too.
The list price of my 09 was exactly the same as the previous 08 model (though I am in Canada.)

·
Registered
204 Posts
The money difference is due to the changes i was informed by the dealer!

The front brakes Now use Nissin radial Master Cylinder with a 19mm Piston lifted From the Daytona 675 Sport bike,Bremo radial Calipers,with four 34mm Pistons and four sintered pads,clamp onto new 320mm disk That have a lower,Up swept Area.

The Braking Power has Been Increased by 14 percent,with initial bite increased by 12 percent.... there are no changes to the rear brake system.

The Rear has Quite a few changes,Brand-new sub-frame and battery box,polished stainless heat shields, ETC......

but when i purchased :~) mine they had the Wrong price on the triumph site!

I informed the Guy I had seem the same bike with the same wheels in the Road Bike Magazine were i retrieved this info,For $10.299
so The guy i made my deal with Knocked off $1000 and gave me the Bike for the 08 price minus $200 Lucky me :~)

I hope you find this writing more shall we say palatable mr.Meleemark :~) I'm trying to improve Ones self!

·
Registered
299 Posts
There are no changes from 08 to 09'. Price is probably normal year to year increase and falling dollar.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There are no changes from 08 to 09'. Price is probably normal year to year increase and falling dollar.

You are Correct Sir! these changes i listed Took place in 08!

The dealer i purchased My bike from was trying to tell me the wheels were only on 09,I infomed Him he was Full of it,that i had seen them in the mag on an 08 he said No but gave me the bike for the 08 price anyway!

This is the same dealer that informed me they didn't have a Jett black bike,Then a week later i went back up to the dealer and they had a Jett Black next to the other two bikes a white one and a Orange one....

You can't trust Most sales guys............................................

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got mine for the 08 price as well. Thanks to Triumph for not updating prices on their website. 10340 out the door
Thats the Exact same thing happened with me!

We went around and round about what was new on the bike and what price it was going for thanks to the RoadBike mag i was up to speed, Pun intended :~) on what was what ,cause the sales guy wasn't, he quoted me the $11.299 price and i told him it was going for $10.299 in the mag and on the triumph site! he knocked off a $1.000 and took the deal to the boss then came back out and told me the price was wrong BUT it was wrong on the site also so they gave me the 08 price and made a sale....I would have walked if they would have pushed the $11.299 price........................................

·
Registered
4 Posts
The list price of my 09 was exactly the same as the previous 08 model (though I am in Canada.)
Just bought mine yesterday at the Calgary M/C show, I don't think I got a "deal" but WTH it's the bike I have been looking at for so damn long I'm just happy it finally came to fruition

·
Registered
141 Posts
There was a price hike in mid-2008 according to my salesman (and riding buddy). $1000 increase shortly after last June, when I got mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rev Cycle Toronto

I just scooped mine for $12k even plus tax. They absorbed freight and PDI...and dropped the sticker from $12,199...not bad.

Added the engine fairing and fly screen...

In orange, going to get her in a few weeks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
old thread. but anyway, yeah.

'08 is same as '09...The adjustment was prob due to failing U.S. dollar....but now the rest of the world is even with us so it doesnt make much sense. confidence in the US currency maybe?

In any case, Brits pay way more than we do for the S3. I believe its around $15k for them. We're still getting an amazing bike for the money.

BTW I got my new '08 in Aug '08 for $9999.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts