Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping out the stock (blue spring) rear shock on my Speedy - have everything apart - BUT - for those of you who have swapped them out (or at least removed) before, how in the hell do you remove the reservoir? I have removed the clamp and it's free, but maneuvering it out of there seems like an impossibility at the moment. I assume decoupling it is a very bad idea, but did give it a moment of thought.

Any guidance beyond greatly appreciated.

In advance, on the Ohlins (it's the official Triumph Accessory shock), does the reservoir orient in the same area? Thumbwheel left or right?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had similar difficulties. I think I removed the lower two of the 4 bolts that connect the rear subframe to the main frame and slightly loosened the top twp bolts. This allowed me to swing the subframe upwards slightly which gave me just enough room to remove the reservoir. I replaced the shock with a Wilbers shock that has no reservoir.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Your approach sounds better than mine. I did briefly eyeball the subframe - instead, removed the tank, then the regulator, and as able to (somewhat forcefully) push the reservoir through. Amazing what a job it turned into to remove a shock, but glad I won't be doing it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts