Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I suppose it depends in part on how exclusive and collectible the bike is. I like the style but it looks easy to duplicate. If it had a special edition Arrow exhaust it would have more appeal, at least to me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
do you think it is worth the extra money? will it hold it's value better? any advise would be appreciated.
thanks, lisa
I dont know about the residual value, if its what you want I wouldnt be worrying about that, as to being worth the extra, most bikes arent worth what you pay, but because we love em we pay it lol :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
ur own decision

I just picked one up last Sat. and I like it. Originally wanted matte black w/ some accesories. Dealer said it would take a couple weeks to come in; but had 15yr SE that would be there sooner if I was interested. Had half the accesories I wanted, plus he threw in another $900.00 in accesories. That pretty much closed the gap in the price differnce. I figure I paid a couple hundred for the paint, a watch, and it is a 2010 model, not 2009; so it works for me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just picked one up last Sat. and I like it. Originally wanted matte black w/ some accesories. Dealer said it would take a couple weeks to come in; but had 15yr SE that would be there sooner if I was interested. Had half the accesories I wanted, plus he threw in another $900.00 in accesories. That pretty much closed the gap in the price differnce. I figure I paid a couple hundred for the paint, a watch, and it is a 2010 model, not 2009; so it works for me.
Did you get it at MCC? I was on my way over to take a look, and when I got there, they said I missed it by half an hour! Congrats!

Jamie

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks, yeah it was me. Sorry u missed it because I think it looks great! Sucks having to break it in though. I traded up from a 02' Monster 620....cant wait to really push it! Looking for a other groups to ride with....any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had mine two weeks now, the only thing it desperately needs is a better horn. A hundred miles left to to go...And I can start to let the horses loose ;)

The watch is great, or as a collegue of mine said...

"Great wall clock!" :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
God yes, talk about big face watch! I would like to wear it when I ride, u know...just to generally brag, except it doesnt fit well under my jacket sleeve.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sure, I'll take a couple of pics so y'all can see, unless one of you guys beat me to it

It's got some engraving on the back, 15th anniversary blah blah.

Can't do it today (Thurs), not got it with me.

Cheers,

B

p.s

I finally managed to get the seat off yesterday (Quite a stiff fit!) The coolant was very close to the min level, I guess it's just the air working it's way out of the system...You might want to check it ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just saw one at the dealer. I like it. Not sure how "special" it is though. John Bloors signature on the tank and red strips on the wheels don't do much for performance or even styling for that matter. Be that as it may, it would have been a nice replacement for the '99 if I didn't already shoot my wad on a Harley. (WWIT--what was I thinking!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
watch

I just saw one at the dealer. I like it. Not sure how "special" it is though. John Bloors signature on the tank and red strips on the wheels don't do much for performance or even styling for that matter. Be that as it may, it would have been a nice replacement for the '99 if I didn't already shoot my wad on a Harley. (WWIT--what was I thinking!)
one on ebay in the uk 150 pound .Don,t think their worth that but still keep mine.Any one no how many are made ps like my bike too

·
Registered
7 Posts
one on ebay in the uk 150 pound .Don,t think their worth that but still keep mine.Any one no how many are made ps like my bike too
Morph - Bought mine from Phillip Youles Blackburn. they told me 100 for the uk market.

Its the most expensive watch ive ever bought. but the free bike that comes with it makes it worth while.:D

380 miles and counting.

Just ordered some black pazzo levers with red adjusters :)
this is the start of a slippery slope on the mod front.:eek:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Made a point to go look at it at my dealer yesterday.
They had 3 Speed Triples in the show room. One flat black, orange, and the 15 year aniversery. Not sure of the price difference, didn't ask, but I rather have either of the other two to be honest.
Triumph should have come up with a better color combination IMO. Maybe a 2 tone, w/ suspension upgrades.........but this package isn't very special to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Morph - Bought mine from Phillip Youles Blackburn. they told me 100 for the uk market.

Its the most expensive watch ive ever bought. but the free bike that comes with it makes it worth while.:D

380 miles and counting.

Just ordered some black pazzo levers with red adjusters :)
this is the start of a slippery slope on the mod front.:eek:
hi movi got mine from youles too 1200miles and still smiling:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts