Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I saw an '09 EFI Bonnie Black with spoked wheels and the "toga" exhaust. I was confused, because on the Triumph website all the Bonnie blacks have the mag wheels and reverse cone mufflers. It was most definitely not a T-100 (only had speedometer) and it did not have a fuel tap, so I know it was EFI. Is Triumph selling this configuration but not advertising it?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yup.

I've got one - Bonnie Black, spoked, EFI.

I don't know the real story about the bike, but there was some talk here a few months ago that Triumph put out 120 of these mystery machines in the states. When I bought mine last August, my dealer informed me that I had the only one in California.

Who knows how much of it is BS?

I know I love my bike:D

Now, if I could only fit a cool aftermarket exhaust...

·
30,533 Posts
Are you sure it's an 09 EFI model and not an 08 EFI? There were some EFI 08s imported to the USA later on in 08 I understand.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Now, if I could only fit a cool aftermarket exhaust...
Oh you will, I know it...
Sleep on it, even though your without at the moment...
Good luck my friend...

·
Registered
445 Posts
'09

Are you sure it's an 09 EFI model and not an 08 EFI? There were some EFI 08s imported to the USA later on in 08 I understand.
Sales slip and registration list the bike as an '09.

It's kinda neat having a mystery machine:D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good Things...

Oh you will, I know it...
Sleep on it, even though your without at the moment...
Good luck my friend...
I'm a firm believer that good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
761 Posts
British Customs should have the pipe for thew EFI and map worked out shortly. I'm on the list for one of the first ones' available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a bonnie black with efi

i have a 2009 bonnie black with efi spoke wheels, pea-shooter exhausts, chrome badges, and a 4.2 gallon tank.

I called triumph and they said it was a mid year model and a bonneville black.

the new bonnie blacks are actually just called a new bonneville. they have spoke wheels, megaphone exhausts, decal badges, smaller gas tanks.

I am so glad I bought mine. To get the bonnie I have, one would basically have to get a t100, but then you don't get a blacked out engine. there are some advantages to the t100 admittedly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
09 efi black

I bought one of the "mystery " bikes late last year. Vin no. register them as 09. Essentially they are the european spec bonneville black before the introduction of the new se. Triumph filled in with these bikes as the had sold out the carburated version. Had mine fitted with tors and remapped at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
2009 EFI Bonnie Black

Hey Sage (& Razz), I too have an 09 efi b.black with the wire wheels etc.
I had the TORS and TORS remap put on as well and have found the throttle response to be extremely 'snatchy'..I don't like it and will have to come up with some kind of fix or mod (O2 manipulator, Fuel Cutoff Eliminator and other gadgets are available for this problem on other bikes like Ducatti and Yamaha...unfortunately none that I know of for the Bonnie)....how are you finding your throttle response?

(Razz, I am in Canada too....so that makes 2 known out of the 8 Canadian bikes)
Cheers, Ted

·
Registered
8 Posts
throtle response

this is the only efi bike ive had. i dont find it significantly diferent to other bikes ive had all older italian bikes laverda and ducati. i do have k&n filter. sorry for delay in answering.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
throttle response

Hey Sage, how do you find the throttle at low speed/low gears...?
ted

·
Registered
131 Posts
Luckily my wife rides a carbureted bonnie so its easy for me to compare. I think the EFI is alot more "direct" and smoother at all speeds.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So... anyone done it yet?

Pros and cons aside. Has anyone actually done this yet?
- replaced the mags with spoked wheels on an 2009 or 2010 EFI standard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts