Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done it yet?

Is it as "easy" as the earlier years? A few months ago I was going to get drilling but read something that the '08+ silencers were a bit different.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Has anyone done it yet?

Is it as "easy" as the earlier years? A few months ago I was going to get drilling but read something that the '08+ silencers were a bit different.
I am gathering the tools presently and have my silencers off my '09 T-100. I believe it is the same as previous latter year Bonnies with the exception that the hole saw size is 1 1/8". I plan on following Sal's lead...check out my introductory '09 Bonny thread a short while back for some pictures of the proposed procedure. I will gut the mufflers front to back as Sal did. He reported today that his bike runs fantastic with the completely gutted mufflers.
I will dedicate a post with a couple of links and some pics in the next week or so.
Cheers,
George
BTW...how do you like your new EFI Bonny? I still haven't ridden mine due to cold weather so decided to take it apart.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Baff

They have been making it harder every yeAR!! Plan on a lot of "elbo grease" @ least!
Used to be easy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, what do you do about the exposed and unplated areas? You'll be inviting corrosion to come join up rather quickly.

I'd done something similar to my 79 GS550, as far as cutting out the rearmost chamber of the exhaust. If it was something that had chrome on it, then I coated the bare edges with some 500Degree clear epoxy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts