Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New member and psyched new owner of an '09 D675 here. I am wondering if anyone knows if '08 screens will fit on the '09... Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Nope - They wont. They don't have the same number of attachment points and the shape of the cockpit is different.

The side panels and tail panel are the same, but the cockpit is different. The underpinnings of the frame and front subframe are the same between bikes, meaning that 06-08 plastics will mount up to an 09, including the cockpit.

However, since the cockpit is different and the screens are different, you can't mix and match there... an '09 must have an '09 screen and '06-'08 cockpits must use '06-'08 screens.

TripleThreat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. That confirms what I thought, leaving the Aero as the only option at the moment from what I can discern - at least until the aftermarket tools up...

Any opinion on how the Aero compares to the Zero Gravity or Powerbronze from past years?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I've had a Puig Double Bubble and a Zero Gravity Double Bubble on my track bike and a Power Bronze Double Double Bubble on my street bike. I think the Power Bronze looks the nicest. I've never had a Triumph Aero screen, but I've seen them on other people's bikes. The fit and finish is just as nice as any of the aftermarket companies.

The screen shape is where the difference lies in all the different brands. It boils down to personal taste there as the wind protection is very similar between the brands.

TripleThreat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much Appreciated! Will wait a bit and see what options turn up later this summer. The bike is beautiful as is and, given the fact that it's snowing here, I don't see many longer, higher speed rides anytime in the near future.

Oh well, at least I got to ski 2ft of fresh powder today! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts