Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden the '06 and '07 Sprints, and while I like the bike some issues keep me from pulling the trigger. Heat issues and more upright riding position. It felt better for the riding position on the '07 but the heat issue was still an issue. Is the '08 or even the '09 better in both regards?

As a side issue, I was also wondering about the headlights and if they were better.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Wambo, the 07 and the 08 are pretty much the same. The Sprint really doesn't have any worse heat issues then any other faired bikes. It is a Sport tourer so understand that it leans towards sport so you will have a forward sitting position. You can change that somewhat with risers but then you can change a GSXR with risers as well.

If its to forward to you then you may need to look at something more touring and less sport.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have an 05 and didn't like the excessive heat that cooked my buns and legs.
I had my dealer install the "heat kit" (for free).
Basically, the heat kit is some foam pads that are stuck to the inside of the fairings that seal the gaps between the engine and the fairings, which forces the hot air out of the openings in the fairings instead of directing it towards my legs. The kit also installs and a foam pad under the gas tank, which helps keep the seat moderately cool (no more roasted chestnuts on an open fire).

·
Registered
219 Posts
The '08 supposedly has improved headlights over the '07, and some harder rubber on the pegs. That's all I remember, there might be more?
I've never really notice heat problems...but then, I came from an '05 FJR, which was like riding a stove. It got so hot that the tank badges discolored! Ouch!

MP

·
Registered
99 Posts
headlights

I think the headlights are great!
That is good news, the lights on my 06 really are bad when you go into a turn. Surprises me they were actually allowed to go to market, it's just plain dangerous. I turned them up as far as I dare to try to help with the turns at night but they still are bad IMO. Still don't have a good plan but other than that I love my Sprint, best all around bike as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts