Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
anyone reduced the plastic work on the back yet?
how do those new pointy indicators look on a tail tidy ?

and which do you think is the best of the tail tidy's available?

pictures would really help..!!!

cheers...

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Rizoma looked the best to me. I will probably switch indicators to smaller ones, when I find something I like. OEMs look a bit oversized next to the smaller Rizoma tail light.

IAN79, if you are thinking about some home-brew tail kit, then best bear in mind the 09 tail is molded from same hollow piece of plastic as undertray. If you just cut the fender part off you will be left with flimsy plastic undertray that has a gaping hole in it.

Better pics of the kit at Rizoma site.
And yes, the plates over here really are that big.
:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
big plates

many thanks - plates in UK are just as large but help with splashes up your back !!

thanks for warning re the hole

Ian

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used the R&G from EMA-USA on my '08. Easy install with stock tailight and turn sigs. About $210.00 including shipping. Don't have any pics, nor do I know how to post them. Maybe I'll see if my photographer/computer guru girlfriend can get some up later.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went with the Ermax tail. There are no mounts for the stock indicators. Mounted a set on the plate frame.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mirrors

thanks, I nearly got an orange one.....are those the triumph bar end mirrors ?

are they effective....see past elbows...vibration ??? etc?

anyone done the R&G rear end yet?
any thoughts on the hi-mount indicators....for a flashing pillion bottom?

Ian

·
Registered
80 Posts
R&G just perfect

Ian
Hiya, did an R&G convert sometime back and very pleased. Quality kit - see pics - bought from Jack Lilley.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Ian
I just replaced the stock mirrors with the Triumph bar-end mirrors because all I could see was my chest and shoulders with the stock ones.

I'm very pleased. I can clearly see the road from under my arms now and with minimal visibility loss due to vibration. They are significantly smaller than stock but now at least 100% of them are looking at the road and not at me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hiya, did an R&G convert sometime back and very pleased. Quality kit - see pics - bought from Jack Lilley.
Looks great. Is Jack Lilley a board sponsor? So you have a website?

BTW, in Texas we're required to have an inspection sticker. Where are you Texas guys putting this with these kits?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went with the Ermax tail. There are no mounts for the stock indicators. Mounted a set on the plate frame.
9Ball,

is your tank guard a standard Triumph part for the 08/09 S3? I've got one on order and I'm a bit worried it may be a bit too big. What's the advantage of it curling up on top of the tank as far as it does?

TIA

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RG

yep, that'll do,,,in UK, bike looks just like mine, bar fairing and belly pan (due to smaller pockets)...great pics...and well done on stopping before the field....cheers

·
Registered
39 Posts
indi1050
Thanks ..... they're the R&G shots I was after..... great pics mate.

9Ball
Lookin' good..... +1 on the mirror info?

:punk:

Mucus

·
Registered
133 Posts
9Ball,

is your tank guard a standard Triumph part for the 08/09 S3? I've got one on order and I'm a bit worried it may be a bit too big. What's the advantage of it curling up on top of the tank as far as it does?

TIA
The tank guard is from Triumph but it is for the 05-07. I believe the newer one that Triumph now offers is a little bit smaller in width. The pad runs up high on the tank so that your jacket zipper does not scratch your tank if you decide to tuck in and see how fast she will go. As the visibility of the Triumph bar end mirrors. The glass is a little bit smaller than on the stock mirrors, but the rear visibility is good. I have no problem seeing behind me. However, the mirrors do vibrate between 55 and 70MPH on my bike. Still glad I got them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I just pulled the trigger on the R&G Tidy Tail from EMA. I think it'll make a big difference in cleaning up the look.

I'm still not sure what to do with the inspection sticker. Currently it'll be on an ugly tab at the bottom of the licence plate bracket. :(

I'm thinking I'm going to cancel my Triumph tank protector though. Just haven't been feel'n it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts