Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the higher 07 ST bars are a straight swap for the lower 05/06 bars, or whether longer clutch & throttle cables etc are required?

·
Registered
171 Posts
While I can't really answer your question, I have seen the bikes side by side and the difference is negligible. If I didn't know there was a difference I would never have noticed. Regards.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I believe you need longer cables as the '07 bars are much higher (about 3 to 4 inches) than the '05-'06......I'd get Gen-Mar risers instead, I think it's too much of a rise, but it depends on the rider.

[ This message was edited by: SoCalSprint on 2006-12-02 20:22 ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
G'day azicat,

I have an '06, and pick up my '07 next week.... I'm not sure about the USA bikes... but here in Aust. the 'bars are 25mm/1in higher & angle back to the rider 25mm/1in.

(I'm 188cms/6'2 and hardly notice the difference, unless i get strait off mine and on to the new one)

Genmar risers ( or similar ) will be the way to go... if you are looking for major difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, Genmars would be the way to go, and I'm sure cheaper than buying 07 bars, too. You could, in theory, stack Genmars, if you had to.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Taken from the Triumph Website

"High Handlebar Kit - non abs models (shows same number for abs models)

The same high handlebar set up as provided on the 2007 model year sprint st. Available as an accessory kit for pre-2007 model years sprint st's. Offers an ergonomic upright riding postion.

A9708089

$238.00 usd.

I was told by my dealer that all the hardware and cables needed to install he higher bars will come in the kit.

jr.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi,
I've already had a long chat with Triumph on the stand at the NEC (UK bike show) on this one & can confirm Triumph have already developed the high bar kit for 05/06 model ST's, though the UK price is a lot higher at £150 !

The part no's are
Non ABS models A9638022
ABS models A9638023

Tho be carefull if you've already got Triumph heated grips fitted as the Triumph part no's for the heated grips differ if you have the Triumph Low or High bars !

Neil.
:-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts