Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a new on/off switch on my bike because the old one was damaged in a crash, flushed coolant, installed new tail light, and changed oil in my 2007 S3. I test rode it, ran fine. after putting my rear fairing back on and cleaning the garage I decided to go for a ride. NOTHING. Bike would not turn over at all. My check engine light came on for about ten seconds while I had it running, but went right off. I tested a few things.
Battery is pumping around 12 v
But there is no power going to cylinoid. Does any body have any advice???? It ran fine when I tested it out. I am so lost/bummed out right now.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I tested a few things.
Battery is pumping around 12 v
But there is no power going to cylinoid. Does any body have any advice???? It ran fine when I tested it out. I am so lost/bummed out right now.
Thank you
I have no idea what a cylinoid is but whatever it is, it sounds like it should have power going to it. Online diagnosis is hard, so check the fuses, then get a simple 12v tester (the type with a crocodile clip a wire and a screwdriver that lights up) and start at the cylinoid and work your way back to the battery.

We aren`t allowed to pass PDF`s of wiring diagrams from workshop manuals around as it breaches copywright but if you feel a wiring diagram would help and drop enough hints about needing one, there is a distinct possibility that one might turn up in your PM box.

;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. GEEEE I could really use a wiring diagram. I am just so bummed out about this whole thing. I rode it fine. ten minutes later it is playing head games.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Start with the rear fairing. You stated everything was good until you put it back on the bike. You pinched a wire somewhere in that process. Been there and done that alot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used a tester. Couldn't find anything. So my brother in law and I decided to go peice by peice. It ended up being clutch safety switch. Now I am back riding. Except... I need my fork seals redone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts