Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past couple of months my poor speedy has had trouble starting. I turn the ignition key and the lights all come on, the fuel injection system primes, I pull in the clutch, hit the starter switch and she just clicks! I'd thumb the starter button a few times and she'll fire into life but after the period between starter presses and firing has gotten longer and longer now she just doesn't want to know and refuses to start!
She's an 07 model and I've had her a year from new with trouble free running until now. The trouble started not long after I put some Oxford "Hot Hands" on her so I took them off thinking that might have been the cause but it's not cured it. I reckon I've killed the battery (possible cell damage) but before I go and buy a replacement anybody got any ideas if it could be anything else?
Sorry if it's a dumb question!

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 07 S3 was doing the same thing, check your clutch safety switch, and give it a squirt of penetrating oil. Mine was sticking intermitantly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts