Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an update on my blown up engine, Triumph Australia, came to the party and supplied the parts, provided I pay for the labour. So I was pretty happy about that. A big thankyou to Triumph Australia.

Just to complicate things, they had an old stock Jan 08 (pre-Brembo) model sitting on the shop floor gathering dust, so I decided to trade mine in against it but I kept all my old black panelwork, mostly because I didn`t want a green one.

So I had to fit my 07 plastic tank on the 08 metal tank bike. There ARE a few differences in the tanks, ie the vent hoses are the other way round on the metal tank (found that out the hard way) but the tank is now fitted, everything is fine except the low fuel warning light, which is now on all the time.

I have the older (plastic tank) manual with a diagram as a PDF but not the newer one, so I`m hoping someone has also done this swap, or they have a copy of each wiring diagram, to point me in the right direction, or are just clever enough (unlike me) to figure it out.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Martin, in lieu of any more direct advice, I will try that next.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.