Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that the standard higher screen on the '07 (which is really the optional '05-'06 optional screen made standard) would then be actually LESS wind protection now given the now HIGHER handlebars which places more of your body and head into the airstream.

The new handlebars make you sit another inch or so upright, so the windblast would effectively be greater now, e.g. as opposed to having last years handlbars with the optional screen.

Anyone agree?

· Registered
497 Posts
Man, some people think too much.

It sounds like the higher bars are an option anyway, so don't get them if you don't want them. If you DO want them, then get a really tall screen. If you still want to be more upright, get some REALLY tall bars, and then you'll need a barn door windscreen. Oh shucks, you might as well get an LT.

· Registered
60 Posts
I was told by my dealer who was at the national meeting that they will have riser kits for the 05/06 Sprints, it is going to be just like the ones they are putting on the 07's. He said that it will come complete under one part number with all hardware and cables.

If anyone is interested I can get the kit number.

junior

· Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Normally I'd agree with you SoCalSprint, but I don't think the 05/06 is that aggressive a seating position. I've put an Eagle Touring Screen on and it is VERY HIGH

More pics available here: westcom.no-ip.info/bikes/Sprint/EagleScreens/
If I was > 6' I think this screen would be ideal, at 5' 10" I think I should have gone with the double bubble. Even so the touring screen gives me a little more noise at 80KPH but much LESS buffetting above 120 - so a good trade off I think.

Russ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.