Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have an 07 Bonneville (Last of Carbi model) I'm having trouble with it dying mid ride, no sputtering just stops, when I flick the petcock over to reserve, she fires back up and runs fine, this happens intermittently. We have cleaned the petcock, no dirt all really apart from a few specs, looked at electrical, thought perhaps the breather on petrol tank cap was not working and causing a vacuum, so I am stumped, I taken to 2 bike shops for repair but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks and cheers. Bernie

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's a nice bike, would like to add one of these Bonnies myself at one point! It does sound like a tank breather problem from what I,'ve read. Probably the more experienced people can answer you better.

That said, this is the wrong forum, try the air cooled twin forum ;)

·
Premium Member
5,123 Posts
Do you have an inline filter in the fuel line? I found out the hard way that some inline filters are intended for pressurized systems, and in a gravity feed situation will only work when there is sufficient weight of fuel above the filter. It's a long shot, but it happened to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts